The update from Saturday from our Cameroon team:
for the good beginning the team has had!
- All their luggage arrived when they did last night and they cleared passport control without any difficulty upon arrival.
- They were met at the airport by Wycliffe missionaries and taken to their home for dinner.
- Before heading to the guesthouse they made contact with a woman who will prepare meals for them and as well as shop for needed supplies for breakfast and lunch.
- They have the use of a kitchen at the guesthouse and are pleased with how that’s working out.
- Everyone slept well last night and is doing well. Rob and Bill are playing soccer (or “football” if you’re in Cameroon ) in the open grassy area at the center of the guest complex!
- They’ve picked up the Toyota van they’ll use for their travels and have it parked at the guesthouse.
This afternoon they’ll tour the facilities of (where Brett and I worked during our years in Cameroon ). The school is nearing the end of building a new campus so they’ll tour both the current school site as well as the new one.
Tomorrow morning they’ll attend Bastos for worship. This is a large congregation in Yaounde .
By God’s good grace, everyone is doing well!
From the prayer calendar:
Pray for a healthy start as the team wakes up to begin their time in Cameroon .
Pray for Brett as he introduces the team to the work of in Cameroon .
Pray for team members who will tour Ydé SIL/Wycliffe facilities, meet many new people, and begin their introduction to Cameroon .
Pray for good adjustment to the 7-hour time difference.
", and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain...Like your name, O God, your praise reaches to the ends of the earth; your right hand is filled with righteousness...For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end."