Received from the Belize Mission Team at 8:15 PM:
“The weekend has gone well. We settled in to our accommodations at "Old Belize." When we get a chance to be at a computer, we will have to share in more detail where we have the good
fortune of staying this year. This morning we went to worship at Trinity Church, where Pastor Ruth is. Pastor Ruth works at YES, and since we were coming, the girls of YES were invited to
church. They shared a few songs with us. It was AWESOME to be greeted by the girls of YES on the steps of church this morning as well as by the church members. Sophie was asked to preach,
and the whole worship service tied together very well.
“We went to spend the afternoon with the two mission groups that are here with The Word at Work, spending some in worship and prayer, seeing a new part of Belize, enjoying a meal together.
Unfortunately we had a blip in the day when Presley encountered a scorpion. Thanks to Scot and an amazingly caring team, and a very brave Presley all ended well. She is doing well, but we
would ask for prayers for her and a scorpion-free trip the rest of our time here. Tomorrow morning we start construction work at the downtown YES campus. Part of our group will be going to
visit Moises and his family (it is a national holiday in Belize so no school. It is a great day to check in with them). Pray for a productive day on the worksite, for good time with Moises' family.”
· Praise God for the wonderful time of worship the team encountered today!
· Praise God for His protection and watchcare over Presley!
Pray for the Team…
· Pray for God to be glorified through team members’ thoughts, words, actions and reactions as they SEEK HIM on this trip; Pray that God would use their efforts to bless the students and staff of YES, as well as all others they meet.
· Pray for no more scorpions!
· Pray that the team members will serve with good attitudes (in humility) as they work; that they would truly learn what selfless service is like.
· Pray that they might know Jesus Christ more because of the experiences they will have today and in the coming week.
· Pray that God would begin to knit together in a new way the hearts of all the team members.
“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature[b] of a servant, being made in human likeness.” Philippians: 2: 5-7
“For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.” Romans 12:3